Friday, March 23, 2007

The Woman


I don’t like bullies. I don’t like being bullied and I don’t like others to be bullied, especially women. I believe in standing up for justice. Hey! Man, you may have your say too.

I was pondering on how tough a woman can be and their worth. I was pondering upon myself, who I am and where I am heading.

Coincidentally, I received an e-mail from a male colleague who sent the following write up of “The Woman” (a conversation between an Angel and the Lord). I thought it was cool and I want to dedicate it to my women friends to tell them how fantastic they are and to my male friends that they need to be reminded.

Author - unknown

When God created woman he was working late on the 6th day. An angel came by and said:“Why spend so much time on that one?” And the Lord answered: “Have you seen all the specifications I have to meet to shape her?”

“She must be washable, must not be made of plastic, have more than 200 moving parts which all must be replaceable and she must function on all kinds of food, she must be able to embrace several kids at the same time, give a hug that can heal anything from a bruised knee to a broken heart and she must do this with only two hands”. The angel was impressed.

“Just two hands…………….. Impossible! And this is the standard model!?! Too much work for one day…. Wait until tomorrow and then complete her.” “I will not, said the Lord.

“I am so close to completing this creation, which will be favorite of my heart”. “She cures herself when she is sick and she can work 18 hours a day”.

The angel came nearer and touched the woman. “But you have made her soft, Lord”. “She is soft”, said the Lord, “But I have also made her strong. You can’t imagine what she can endure and overcome”.

“Can she think?” the angel asked. The Lord answered: “Not only can she think, she can reason and negotiate.

" The angel touched the woman cheek……..”Lord, it seems that this creation is leaking! You have put too many burdens on her”. “She is not leaking… It’s a tear” the Lord corrected the angel.

“What’s it for?” asked the angel. And the Lord said” “Tears are her way of expressing grief, her doubts, her love, her loneliness, her suffering and her pride”.

This made a big impression on the angel; “Lord, you are genius. You thought of everything. The woman is indeed marvelous!” Indeed she is!

Woman has strengths that amazed man:
She can handle trouble and carry heavy burdens.
She holds happiness, love and opinions.
She smiles when feeling like screaming.
She sings when she feels like crying,
cries when she is happy,
and laughs when she is afraid.

She fights for what she believes in.
She stands up against injustice.
She doesn’t take “no” for an answer when she can see a better solutions.
She gives herself so her family can thrive.
Her love is unconditional.
She cries when her kids are victorious.
She is happy when her friends do well.
She is glad when she hears of a birth or a wedding.
Her heart is broken when her next of kin or friend dies.
But she finds the strength to get on with life.
She knows a kiss and a hug can heal a broken heart.

There is only one thing wrong with her. She forgets what she is worth………………….. ???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello
My name is Erdal,from Turkey.
What ı want say about see woman while working hard work ı dont know!!!But this is terrible idea...Because God is not created womens for working hard jobs..But unfortunatly some cultures still use old ages!!!This is very wrong I think.I am not thinking womens work any just I want womens should be work easy work beacuse I beleive womens very clever.But I know we are living still very in very bad world coz a lot of places still poor and rich courties war still for energy and water...Maybe one day will change this world end of war everywhere and every humans will be happy...Maybe I will see maybe not.But I have big hope in my heart we will see wonderfull time in this world.......

patchwork said...

Hi! Erdal,

Thanks for leaving a comment. Good you have the heart for the women who have to do hard labour.

Yes! we have to appreciate one another no matter what role we are doing. Then it make our life better.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

It does not matter that the woman is made from the rib of man to stand side by side to him. We should value woman more because they contribute a lot to building the family and in the society as a whole.

patchwork said...

Hi! Steffan,

You are right. Fair say :)

Anonymous said...

hi,
women basically are evolved to be very emotional. they worry a lot.also they are thin skinned and age fast. since they are thin skinned they express all their emotions so well that the very gesture shows how anxious they are. some strong headed take advantage of this and bully. but if it is from opposit sex, chances are most likely to develop into intimacy. but not all are lucky, depends upon as everything is multifactorial.
anyways thanx for giving the opportunity to express my opinion.I am honoured.
bye

Tickets